What Do You Think About Philo?

Tell us about your experience with this streaming service!

One of the things I like about Philo is the 72 hours past showings availability. Just arrow left over to the channel box on the guide and when clicked on, anything on in the last three days is available to watch on demand. I really like that. It comes in handy for something I want to watch that might be on at a time I’m not available, without doing anything extra.

2 Likes

I have YouTube TV… unlimited DVR… 9 Month limit.

3 Days would work for me for 90% especially since we tape a lot of news.

However, it would not catch Marathons, like the Law and Order Marathon on various weekends. We can then watch them over time as kind of Filler at our leisure.

Oooh! Great tip! I have Philo and didn’t know this.

I have Philo and absolutely love it. The channels offered are what our household watched via cable. Bought an antenna for our local channels. I have since also cancelled Netflix and Hulu as i can watch just about everyrhing else on Amazon.

I had Philo maybe about a year ago, they seem to show more ads than other services.

1 Like

PHILO ADDS 3 NEW CHANNELS

Philo just announced three new channels for free. They are MeTV, Heroes & Icons, and Story. Never heard of the last two! :slight_smile:

H&I is great!

My husband is addicted to H and I because of lots of Star Trek.
They also feature monk, Nash bridges, original McGyver, other 90s shows

Also JAG, House, Black Sheep Squadron, 12 O’Clock High, Rat Patrol, …

How best to add the shows? Do I have to wait until they show up in the Guide and then save? Can I save H&I in Philo list?

1 Like

Absolutely love Philo as it contains 99% of everything I’m interested in watching and coupled with the T-mobile discount at $10 a month?!?! Unbeatable! I’ve had the service for like 2 years now and only minor streaming issues with hundreds of shows recorded on their DVR. GREAT smartphone app to view and save to DVR new shows (while you are watching something already on TV.)

that’s a deal killer for me.
tnx 4 the info!

Philo plus an antenna for local stations works great for me.

Installation was very easy and setting up the account was painless. The biggest issue is the amount of commercials. you get about 10 min of tv then 3 min of commercials(the amount of time changes each commercial, some more some less). Then you have to watch a series of commercials before you can fast forward tot he next episode.
They say they have the same amount of commercials as watching it live, but that’s not the case. They say what you DVR you can fast forward the commercials, so why can you do that with older episodes?? I could see the live stuff, but it everything and excessive. I canceled my subscription for this reason

I have had Philo for about a year now and love it. I don’t miss the news because I get that free from Pluto, one local station CBS and Fox25 Boston so it’s a win for me. I can always stream any news station if I need to anyway

Got a deal through T mobile, $15 a month. For the price, it’s a deal.

I used to have mediacom cable tv and internet service. To have Smithsonian and FYI was 5.99 extra for each channel, (which you would get some other channels with them) Thing is, in order to get those channels you had to take the family cable package which run 119.99 a month. Then there was a operating fee for 34.95 a month in order for them to broadcast these channels. Then you had the city permission tax for them to operate there cable service to our city of 5.99 a month. Then state taxes of around 5.00. Cable box fee 14.95 You get the picture. I believe I made a excellent investment :+1::+1::+1: