Have you tried Hulu?

Tell us what you think about it!

Customer Support at Hulu terrific. But we found the user interface not as easy on the eye as we hoped and back button navigation an issue on some of our tv remotes. Advice - take the free test and work the navigation to make sure you’re happy with it across your tv rooms and remotes. Good luck !

Hulu ad free has an awful lot of ads. And, I’m getting tired of recorded shows that I’ve watched part of going back to the beginning when I come back to them.

We’ve tried Hulu Live and YouTube TV, and YouTube gets the nod. Pricing is similar and content similar, but the user interface on YT is more comfortable for us. I kinda wish we had Hulu’s regular content offering, but like Mcarly says, the ads interruptions are frequent and the ad-free option’s a bit pricy in my estimation. They do have some attractive content, though, and we might relent some day if Netflix and Amazon pickins’ get slim.

I have the Basic Hulu $1.99/Month… black Friday Special.

We have Youtube TV.
It took a while for wife to become comfortable with streaming and Youtube TV… not in a hurry to change.

Features we like best is changing TVs and picking up where we left off, unlimited DVR, and skipping ads.

One of my TVs is an Amazon Fire. I like the Roku ones much better, simpler, clearer interface. Consider getting a Roku for the amazon Fire TV.

I wonder if Hulu is having financial problems. I thought that was happening mainly with Netflix, but I am happier than ever with Netflix’s service. Hulu, on the other hand, on our updated Amazon Firestick, keeps hanging and freezing, or completely blacking out in an attempt to buffer, then shuts down. It took me over two hours to watch a 30-minute episode of Only Murders in the Building, season 2. This has happened to us four times for four episodes. None of my other apps hang freeze or crash: Netflix, Amazon Video, AppleTV, Disney+, HBOMax, BritBox, Paramount+. So don’t tell me it is my Internet connection! I only subscribed because you had “Handmaid’s Tale” exclusively. Now I’ve almost had it and ready to unsubscribe!! Fix your problems or you will certainly have a flood of exiting customers like these valid complaints on this Community Forum.

I tried Hulu first when I was through paying Comcast’s price increases and decided to “cut the cord”. I liked Hulu and went with the bundle. Over a few weeks time I found their interface not user friendly namely the ability to record programs. It was very confusing to me. I then went with YouTube TV which we still have. Content is okay as we watch a lot of live TV so either Hulu or YT TV was a must. Not crazy about either one but compared to Comcast prices i’ll suffer until something better comes along. I just switched over to T Mobile 5G WiFi to try out after another increase from Comcast for the Internet only I kept after getting rid of cable TV part of the plan. Fifty $ a month, no contract or increases, unlimited. We’ll see how it works out.

I’m trying Hulu now as an alternative to Comcast. Things I do not like so far: 1) Inability to pause live TV and then FF through commercials. Hulu forces you to watch most commercials so you end up getting behind as you are watching and can never catch up. 2) Inability to start watching a recorded show while the DVR is still recording. 3) very limited program info. Hulu gives a brief show description only. Comcast gives you quick access to actor info and other sows they have appeared in. 4) More cumbersome to located and select channels.

Left Comcast for Hulu 5+ years ago. Comcast has been a dumpster fire forever so it’s been wonderful to be free of them. Unfortunately Hulu’s price increases are killing the honeymoon and with time I’ve developed a laundry list of small complaints about them. For what we now pay for Hulu live you’d think they could spend a little on better navigation and features (see others’ complaints here). I remember splurging on some cable DVR service back in the 90’s (possibly Spectrum?) that offered live pause, 30 second back or forward skips, live show reminders you could set up, etc. so you can’t say this stuff can’t be offered. My wife and I are seriously discussing dropping live TV for good. Live TV just isn’t that important anymore for what we’re being charged.