Wells Fargo... reputable bank?

Wells Fargo has been in the news the last year or 2 and not in a good way?

I received an tempting offer that I would likely accept in a minute from a more reputable bank… what do you think?

WF is offering a 2% back card, no categories with a $200 bonus if I spend $1000 in the first 3 months… and no annual fee.

That is about as good as it gets… right up there with the Citi Double cash.

---- some Google results…

Is Wells Fargo or Chase bank better?

With 4,000 more ATM locations than Wells Fargo, reduced fees and a wider variety of welcome bonuses, Chase is a better option for most customers. Chase is also the clear winner for military personnel, offering waived fees on checking accounts and ATM withdrawals for active-duty service members and veterans.

Using Wells Fargo for banking is good for one thing… it will force you to stay alert for sneaky ripoff schemes. :thinking:

1 Like

I have that card. It works great, but I’ve since switched most things over to the Alliant 2.5% card. I’ve had accounts at WF or its predecessors for over 25 years, and have somehow never been scammed by them. :person_shrugging:

The Google result for Chase vs. WF is ridiculous. The number of locations doesn’t matter if none are convenient for you. Welcome bonuses only matter once. I’ve taken welcome bonuses from both, have credit cards from both, but long ago closed my Chase checking account. Never paid any fees to either one.

I used Wells Fargo, checking, savings & CC for years and every once in a while we’d get another goofy charge for some service fee charged to our checking account. Then I’d spend half an hour or more talking to several people until one of them said they’d remove the charge.

15 years ago I finally go fed up with their silly games and joined a couple of credit unions and canceled all ties to Wells. No more problems with random charges showing up on my checking accounts since then.

I would not use Wells Fargo for any banking service. They are a corrupt organization and will never give them my business.

Like you, I ended up with WF through various predecessors. I have never been scammed by them and have found them helpful the few times I needed to reach out to them. I only use them for banking, and I had one card from when I purchased some furniture on interest free plan. Never a fee, and no problems dealing with them online or during covid unlike the unnamed bank next door where I needed to close out my mother’s SD Box.