Is Wells Fargo better as a CC servicer than Elan?

I have the Fidelity Rewards Visa 2% flat cash back, serviced by Elan, and they keep making mistakes that cost me money. Lately they didn’t lift a fraud alert I placed on an unrecognized transaction which I later recognized, and months later I got a past due bill with late fee from the provider. I specifically called them and told them to cancel the dispute and pay the provider, and they didn’t.

I saw this card at fool.com

"The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card has earned a coveted 5-star rating from our experts, and it’s easy to see why.

This is the first card we’ve seen that offers a best-in-class unlimited 2% cash rewards rate, and would be highly-rated based on that alone. But it also offers two additional highly sought-after features: a hefty $200 cash rewards sign-up bonus after spending $500 on purchases within three months, and a generous 15-month 0% intro APR period from account opening on purchases and qualifying balance transfers (20.24%, 25.24%, or 29.99% Variable APR thereafter). I’ve simply not come across this combination of top perks in one card before.

Add in the fact that you get all of this for $0 annual fee, and this card becomes a no-brainer for many consumers. I don’t say this lightly: it’s easily one of the best cash rewards cards we’ve seen."

It sounds like it could replace the Fidelity card… is Wells a better servicer than Elan? If so, I might be tempted to add it.

I have the Wells Fargo card, and am happy with it. However, I’ve switched over to Alliant CU’s card that pays 2.5% cash back. When Alliant canceled my card after I reported to a fraudulent charge, I switched back to the WF card until my new Alliant card arrived.

I don’t have any experience with Elan, so I can’t compare.

This is so very annoying! I wanted to dispute ONE charge from one seller and B/A cancelled my card. So then all my autopays had to be reset.

Yes, it was a PITA. Cox even tried to charge me a returned payment fee because I forgot to update them. They refunded when I complained (and then I canceled the service and switched to the new company that ran fiber in my town a couple of months later).

It is nice to hear report of Elan not being so good. I have a fairly new WF card and so far it is good. Of course they are a giant monster mega bank.

When going for 2% back cards I did try for the Fidelity one. Elan hit me up because they don’t like my address claiming it is a “mail drop.” Of course it is; it is the US Post Office, where I get ALL financial mail. That is [USPS Street address] unit xxx, AnyTown, USA. They demand to know where I actually live. Like where do I park my travel trailer this month? Banksters pull this instantly if you want a deposit account, but might have no problems with KiloBucks worth of credit card line.

I told Elan we were done, and promptly ported out Roth and brokerage accounts that I had opened just to receive the cash back. I have long despised Fidelity anyway…