Synthetic identity theft - Package delivery

My address was apparently used for a synthetic identity theft scheme almost a year ago. I started getting mailings addressed to a person who has never lived at my address – mostly credit card bills, loan offers, etc. At one point an IRS agent showed up at my door looking for this person (which was quickly addressed when they checked the county records on who owns the house). I contacted USPS fraud long ago and they’ve mostly returned mailings without delivering (I see them on InformedDelivery though). A few slip through every couple of weeks and I write “Return to sender, not at this address” on the envelope and drop it in the box.

Today a FedEx package showed up addressed to this person. I’m not sure what to do with it (It’s from some gift company and marked alcohol). Is this some new form of the scheme? Or did one of the companies she’s bilking send her a gift? Or maybe it’s intended for the real person with this name, since my address shows up in a few places online with her name.

I guess I could chase down a FedEx driver or drop it off at a store, but frankly I’m just tired of this. At least it’s just my address and not my name, but it’s still very annoying. I’m just not sure what else I can do.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Alcohol must be signed for by someone over 21.

Obviously, a Trump Voter!

Yes, it’s even marked as such on the package, but it was just left at my door…

We recently had an extended family member’s mom send a package to our home address, via USPS for her child attending college in our town. We received a form with it to fill out and return to our local post office authorizing the USPS to deliver mail for that individual to our address.

Maybe it’s a USPS program to curtail synthetic identity fraud.

Well you can always keep it. You have tried to remedy it thru the post office & such. Open it & if it’s something you can use keep or gift it. If it’s something illegal like drugs call the police.

From the above article:
(And, if products show up that you never ordered? You don’t have to pay for them. Federal laws protect you.)