Have You Tried Consumer Cellular - What's Your Review?

Tell us if you think Consumer Cellular is worth the savings!

I have only used Tracfone and Consumer Cellular. I used CC twice when having problems with Tracfone customer service. Each time w/ Consumer Cellular previously I received prompt customer service and was able to cancel by phone.
Now I have Consumer Cellular exclusively and while the phone service is good and the pricing reasonable, the customer service is practically unreachable, Recently havenā€™t even offered to call me back. When I do speak with someone, the person tries to help but ususally checks with ā€œbookā€ or whatever they use and I havenā€™t spoken with someone recently who is able to resolve a technical issue. I would like to know if there is a certain time of the day when a person would be more likely to answer in less than 15 minutes (my optimal wait time).

I had Consumer Cellular for over a year, and while it is inexpensive, the coverage and service are not great and youā€™re put into a higher priced plan every time you go over in minutes, so savings might be short-lived. Thereā€™s more to phone plans than saving money: if you canā€™t get coverage, have dropped calls and delays receiving messages, then the savings isnā€™t really doing much for you. Iā€™ve had the best luck with Google Fi, which for me has been cheaper than Consumer Cellular, and the service is much better.

With them for two weeks now. Took Dear Wifeā€™s and my phone to Target and their crew took care of everything for us. That was really nice. Have had some minor problems but all doable. Bad part is 45 min hold times if you want to talk to someone but they claim thatā€™s because of 5G changeover and will go away eventually.

We switched to the TMobile 55+ planā€¦

Unlimited TT&D for 27.50 each about $65 with fees.
We were paying $90 for Straight Talk.

Depending on your area determines which network CC uses. We are lucky to be able to access the AT&T network more cheaply than AT&T itself. I like the fact that they upgrade your plan if you go over WITHOUT charging a fee.

I pay $15 per month for Mint Mobile and I never use up my data allotment

I have read mostly good things about them. When comparing phone service bills however, it gets tough to compare when everything is in terms of $$ per line. We have AT&T now, a 6GB plan.

Itā€™s ā€œOnlyā€ $25 per line, PLUS $57 permeant for the plan, and an additional $16 for the various fees, taxes, etc

$123 per month total as of now.

So what would this be with CC?

Deletedā€¦ Previously Posted.

We have had it for several years. We have two lines. Customer service is top notch. Depending on your area is the network used. Luckily we have the ATT network. I forget the other one. I know this is a low plan for data but sometimes we go over. They upgrade to the next plan without any fees.

7 GB is only $10 a month more.

How many lines?

I have had CC for over eight years because they are relatively cheap and ATT has good service here.
For what I pay there are better options. In that time I have only contacted customer service three
times. I was not impressed. The first time the rep was not knowledgeable and rude. the second
they caused me to reset my phone when it had not been backed up caused me to lose all info and
settings and it did not fix the problem. The third time could not explain what the error message I got
meant and said would run diagnostics. Said to turn the phone off and then on and she would call me back I am still waiting. If they have the ā€œbestā€ customer service I shudder to think how bad the
others are. From a lot of experience with various customer services from various industries, I would
conclude that it is just a matter of luck to get good service. I am reminded of an experience I had
with an auto insurer. Whenever I called the sales department they were super friendly but when I had
to call the claims department, well they were a lot less friendly. They did their job but not with the
same attitude.

I might be very lucky, Iā€™ve not had a single customer service need in twenty years, Iā€™ve never experienced it. But as I look at various cell plans, the thing that sticks out is the per line charge, Plus the plan charge. It made me wonder if CC is really that much cheaper than my ATT plan. With AT&T I pay $25 per line, Plus $57 for the Plan, and another $13 is company fees and charges.

So does CC only bill for the per line charge, or is there more?

am senior, have had Consumer Cellular for years, and love it! have rarely had problem with connections, location service, etc. considering its on the ATT network or Tmobile, everything comes in clear and well. enjoy using either the chat or directly talking with them, both have always been exceptional, not usually long wait times, and they have always taken care of the questions. have used my own phones with service, and they have been angels about helping me with a tech problem concerning them, even if they dont sell them. Prices are reasonable, if you get auto moved to a higher data amount, you can always have them reset you to a lower one;and the fact that by auto pay and AARP you get two discounts, which every little bit helps. am VERY SATISFIED with Consumer and will continue to be their no. 1 fan!

What are you all paying.
I have TMobile 55+ Planā€¦ $55 a month including Taxes and Fees for 2 phones with Unlimited TT&D.

I like that they have Company stores nearbyā€¦ only used it onceā€¦ guy was great!!

Service here is good

have cc for years. great when i started with them. i had a flip phone and needed hand holding to get into the smart phone universe and being in the local target was the deciding factor. cs was always prompt, but because clarke has talked about boost, i found they have a stand alone store in my town. widower with limited need for a phone, i like the idea of $100/year and i agree with the comments about getting kicked into the next higher price level when there was an ā€˜overageā€™ with ccā€¦

Re: my momā€™s Consumer Cellular account

1. She is being charged $43.42 for unlimited talk/text and 10 GB data, with a $2 AARP discount. However, website advertises $35 for same service.
    I have Visible and pay $25 for unlimited talk/text/data.

2. Her voice mails often show up days later. After calling customer service, they ā€œresetā€ the network with no change in voice mail delay. We could, however, pull up the voice mails when calling from my phone, which doesnā€™t help her.

We had our own unlocked phones when we left AA&T for CC 6 years ago. We pay $48. inclusive for two lines with unlimited talk and text, and chose the lowest data plan because we only use mobile data when away from home wifi. Weā€™ve never gone over the plan, but if we do, CC upgrades, but thereā€™s no fee. No problem with coverage.

Yes, 5 days now. Recently retired kept my phone from Verizon and my same number. Havenā€™t been up North to the cabin yet. It shows I should have good reception there. Here at home great especially with Internet no data fees. However there are advertisements occasionally popping up when I go to do something. Which is annoying. Iā€™m thinking this is why they can offer This lower price. And allow advertisements and get paid for them. I believe I have 90 days to make my mind up. Other than that no problems.