Best Cell Phone Plans and Deals Right Now

Which cell phone plan do you love? Did you find a great deal? Tell us about it!

I’m a notorious bottom feeder, thanks to a Clark segment many years ago, for Virgin Mobile, with a phone and a year of prepaid minutes from Scam’s Club. It sent me off bottom feeding prepaid. Not relevant today as all things change. Oh and that phone was the worst I ever owned, dubbed Abominovox 8500.

The network is what is most important! It must work where you want it to. After years with AT&T and Cricket, I was unhappy with dropped calls. Understood that T-mobile was not much better. Thus hoped to get on Verizon network, but not directly.

Current main phone is Xfinity, by Commie Cast. You have to have cable service to get it. Think Spectrum has a similar deal. I have unlimited talk and text and a gigabyte of data for $15/mo. Finding that if I am careful I can stay well under the gigabyte and not pay more. You only need unlimited data if you use a lot of data intensive stuff, starting with graphics, and especially moving ones.

I have tried T-Mobile, Cricket, Credo, Consumer Cellular and other discount plans over the course of many years. The first three were horrible for various reasons; CC was OK but coverage was bad and every time you went over, you were automatically put into the higher plan. I am happy to report I have found my “forever” plan with Google Fi. The coverage is exceptional, and you only ever pay for the exact number of minutes you use. My average monthly bill is cheaper than any other discount plan I have tried. I bought my phone outright, which is my preference, so there may be cheaper plans if you pay as you go at the other discount carriers, but in terms of no hassle, low cost service and great coverage, Google Fi has been the best.