Have you ever used T-Mobile's home internet service?

Share your experience with the service here!

I’ve had T-Mobile home internet for several months. Before I had AT&T dsl. So cheaper and much faster. Just checked my speed, 547 down and 26 up. And per the map I’m about 2.5 miles from the tower. Spectrum offers gigabit service to my home now. But it’s well over twice the cost. The Verizon tower is much closer but no 5g in my area. I tried their LTE home internet. It was terrible. Hours of NO internet. They emailed me and said my service was NORMAL. I’ll keep T-Mobile.

Is that Kbs, KBs, Mbs, Gbs or…?

mbps using ookla speed test. Highest I’ve seen is 592 mbps down and 75 mbps up. Lowest has been in the 200’s but lately lowest has been about 400 mbps.

Did you really not understand which of those speed ranges might be relevant in this situation?

I think they upgraded something on my tower since it’s been over 500 mbps for about a week any time during the day. Before it was about 400 during the night, 200-300 during the day. Just checked it, 545 mbps down, 58 mbps up. And they claim they won’t raise the cost as long as I keep paying. We’ll see

I’ve been using T-Mobile Home Internet Service for almost a year and I’m happy with it.
At first, they sent me a regular square box (not 5g,) and I had a LOT of problems with it.
Had constant problems. They finally put my name on a list for the 5g box and promised the service would improve when I finally got the box. After a few months, I finally received the 5g box.
They were right, I now have no problems and I’m very happy with my internet service. I only have 2 devices hooked up to it but I stream TV and use a laptop without issues.
The price is right. It’s simple. A straight $50. per month, no taxes, fees, or equipment costs.
I do NOT miss cable!
Also, I do not use their phone service, only home internet.

We signed up for the LTE service a year and a half ago. It’s been relatively problem free. We were previously on a local co-op telecom with fiber but only 20 Mbps down/5 up for $55 per month. I switched over to see if I liked it while leaving the fiber connection active but not connected. We’re about 3-5 times as fast on downloads and 2-3 times as fast on uploads. My wife didn’t even know I had switched the router… so we cancelled the fiber connection and have been happy. There’s a 5G tower but it’s a bit further away than the one the LTE router connects to, so we haven’t been worried about switching to the 5G router, will probably do so when the LTE router dies or we get a closer 5G tower.

I’ve been involved in technology for a long time. One of the first lessons you learn in the business is not to assume things, especially from a diverse online group such as this one. You’d be surprised how many people don’t understand PPP and TCP/IP protocols and that 1 MBs is eight times faster than 1 Mbs.

1 Like

You’d be surprised how many people don’t understand PPP and TCP/IP protocols and that 1 MBs is eight times faster than 1 Mbs.

Not nearly as surprised as I’d be if someone was getting 547 KBs or 547 GBs download speeds on T-Mobile’s home internet service.

1 Like

I have had the T-Mobile LTE system in my home for about 12. The service map said I was not in the service area but I consistently got 45 t0 60 Mps (using Speed Test) in spite of the "no service) warning, I found the system much more reliable and consistent than Hargray. (Hargray has improved to a small degree over the last 6 Mo.)
I recently moved from my previous home and had to stop service by sending in the router, I wish I had kept my router and tried it at my new residence where the Wi-Fi is a shared system and band width fluctuates widely (an RV Park)

547 KBs is equal to 4.4 Mbs. The internet service provided by Telecom on the island of Mauke in the South Pacific through their cell phone service is 0.05 Mbs.

Cool story. That’s not T-mobile home internet though.

I use it and its OK. It really depends on YOUR area with tmo. I live close to some foothills and national forest. They say tmobile is good but its… Its ok depending on YOUR street, my street is pretty good but a block and a half away at the park NOTHING.

I have been a T-Mobile customer since December of 2020. And I have had the same phone since I started Samsung Galaxy s21. Base model. Which I love. It’s perfect for me. I have had TMobile 5g home internet for about a year now and as of last night I was getting 1.2gbps down and 113mbps up. T-Mobile is the future. It’s hands down the very best cell phone company ever. Yes I am a former employee and my wife is a district manager for corporate but I’m not being biased. I have had all of the cell services and if I told u what great things T-Mobile has done for me before me or my wife worked for them you wouldn’t believe me. I had a crazy issue once dealing with T-Mobile not being able to verify my identity (long story). But I was out of options. One of the door wraps told me to contact Mike seifert’s email and he gave me his email address and I said no way he’s the CEO there is no way that this guy is going to reply to me and I swear on everything that is holy that man replied to my email within 24 hours and not only did he help me and solve my issue but he gave me a free Samsung Galaxy watch for 46 mm classic and those were just coming out back in August of 2021 T-Mobile is the greatest company ever buy stock get employed there get involved they’re running the world

We’ve used it since last summer. Use it for streaming tv and computer internet service. Does the job. We may have to reset it once every 2-3 weeks, only takes a couple of minutes. For the T mobile and Philo for tv streaming, costs is $65/month. Half of what cable was. Also have a sizable outdoor antenna for local broadcasts, out of Atlanta primarily. The unit shows 2 bars of cell service consistently. Takes care of our internet needs. I would recommend.