What VPN Do You Use?

Anyone here in the forum using ExpressVPN?

Norton VPN comes with my security package.

Surfshark….easy to use, two year plan is $4.00 month

1 Like

I have a lifetime VPN I use for testing called Windscribe. It was very cheap on special at StackSocial.Com.

I have a number of websites I manage and limit access by blocking certain countries. This allows me to test if certain locations are blocked.

Also, on occasion there will be issues where I cannot access my sites or email. For example, recently there were issues accessing Chicago from Hawaii as one of the carriers had equipment issues. I was able to use the VPN to route my traffic from New York and get the mail that way, bypassing the bad connections from Chicago to the west.

Intro offer, $2.49 / mo for two years

Jerryh,
Surfshark….easy to use, two year plan is $4.00 month

Got time for dumb questions? I paid for two years, downloaded, installed, and then connected to the VPN. My IP addy changes when connected vs dis-connected, so I “think” It’s working.

What now? Looked all over the help and got nothing. I have 8 tabs open in Chrome so when connected, does that mean all the tabs are now working via the VPN?

Or those tabs remain as they were, and I must open a new tab and now that one is on the VPN?

As you can see, this is my first attempt with VPN so a complete novice

I am new as well.

I am currently in Scotland. When I disconnected here, it no longer shows a US location, but rather Great Britain. However, when you wish to reconnect, simply go to “locations”, choose a city in the US of your preference.

Hope that helps!

Oh wow, I envy you!

I know how to connect. My Q is:
1-once connected, are all open tabs connected?
or
2-once conneted, I need to open a new tab?

many thanks

Good question, unfortunately I’m not sure of the answer…hope you get your question answered…

Thanks for the effort. I found their “help” does not really help

Got it…best of luck!

I use ExpressVPN for a while and pretty satisfied. i found it here https://www.firesticktricks.com/install-best-vpn-firestick.html, read about pros and cons and decided to try. It works really well and I never have problems with connection or streaming.

Years ago I tried the free “Windscribe VPN” and decidd to buy it. I got a lifetime subscription to Windscribe Pro on a site callked “stacksocial.com” at a discount.

The software allows me to change my apparent location in one of two ways. First it can route ALL of your traffic through another city. Seconly, it appears to have the ability for you to specify specific applications to use it instead of all of them. I have not really played with that function.

I have not tried opening ports for gaming or file transfers so can’t comment on that.

My primary use is to switch to a foreign country to see how my website is set to block or challange a visitor. Some websites I administer are set to deny people from specific countries. That is not to say that they MIGHT bypass this by using their own VPN, but it is a good start to stop hackers and people attempting to inject viruses onto my systems.

The Opera browser for Mac includes a built-in VPN.

According to the cyberguy, beware of free VPN’s

After the two years intro for Surfshart is up, what does the rate revert to? I look a look it was confusing, it seemed to me it jumped to something nutty, like $17 per month, or am I just not getting it?

Google One VPN headed for the Google Graveyard on 6/10/2024 !!! GONE! I have to get a different one.