USPS lying liars!

You know where those stamps come from, right?

So a poorly performing government employee is hard to remove…shocking !

Perhaps that’s true to a certain extent, but on the other hand the Postmaster General isn’t actually a government employee either.

1 Like

He’s not just a government employee – he’s appointed for a term and can’t be fired except by the governing board (not by the president). He also has conflicts of interest , like his former employer, a USPS competitor, etc.
His actions were the typical “destroy it and then complain it doesn’t work right”.

2 Likes

I have run into many situations where Return receipt mail never is returned to me. Any attempt to get a refund is fruit-less because post office passes the buck to another office.
I now just pay with a credit card then dispute the charge for “non service”
Never has this been reversed.

I mailed a package (inexpensive birthday gift) on July 5, First Class. I was told it would take about 3 days, but I’d be fine with a week, since I mailed it early. I followed the tracking and the package just sat in limbo for days. I asked the local Post Office and they said that a couple days after I mailed it, First Class became “Ground” shipping. It finally got delivered, 16 days after I mailed it! DeJoy has really ruined the USPS reliability. Of course, it’s in his conflict of interest to do that!!

None of the shipping companies are immune from this any more. UPS predicted delivery dates are rarely correct, and FedEx has the same issue. Recently I had to get some parts shipped to an airport and paid for UPS Saturday delivery. Parts didn’t show up. After calling them, they said “Oh, we don’t deliver to the airport on Saturdays”. They were happy to take my money for Saturday delivery, though.

I’m not anticipating anything to improve with the new UPS contract.