Social Security ####

You mistake my meaning. I am referring to each side’s lines in the sand of “my way or the highway,” to trying to force everyone to their own viewpoint on pretty much every issue.

I’d like to see a flat tax on all funds received (not just earned income) (and probably need to exclude Roths), starting at a base level that is at the line of poverty. I can see that tax on businesses vs individuals might be at different percentages, but it needs to be done in a way that closes and prevents loopholes.

In other words…simplify the tax code…which is what I said about 30 posts ago in this thread. :smile:

Well, if the current manifestation of the GOP would come up with some rational proposals, there might be a bit more room for some bipartisan action. Most of the actions the current House is proposing to pass and send to the Senate and POTUS have no chance of any bipartisan support… none.

1 Like

Still, many would say that goes both ways

doesn’t make it true!

True. So the left is never wrong?
Reminds me of my kids: “She did it!” “No, she did it…!”

Perfect example of the division in the country. My side good…your side bad.

We have the government that we deserve!

1 Like

Precisely…!!!

Its what the enemies of America want us to do. If we keep it up long enough we’ll lose our country… :neutral_face:

The threat of military conflict with China or Russia right now is nil… why would they do something to unite us? What they are doing is working.

WAKE UP AMERICA!

“Great civilizations die by suicide, not murder.” [forgot the source]

The decades-old predictions of America’s impending death sorta calls to mind a famous quote attributed to Mark Twain. :innocent:

Not only do they want it, they are influencing it by creating rumors, misinformation, chaos (Russia especially).

I don’t know where you got your conclusion from.
I didn’t say the left is never wrong.

I said that your statement, “many have said…” doesn’t make it true. Just because many people say something, doesn’t mean it’s true. Nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with the loudest voices who are promoted on the media.
Sheesh

I was thinking of this post.

1 Like