Got my IRS refund already (10 days after filing)

I filed my Fed. taxes 2/18/23 electronically, and on 2/28, I received my refund via direct deposit. That was fast!

My return wasn’t very complicated this year and my tax withholdings were pretty close to what I owed. Maybe that helps getting a quick refund?

2 Likes

I think it was Clark that published the IRS refund timeline awhile back. File by X date and refund will be in account on Y date. Believe turn around was about a week and a half and the IRS seems to be making the deadlines based on family members reports.

So, if we file in the next 2 weeks, a good chance we can get a refund before mid April?

I filed in early Feb and received my direct-deposit cash refund in about a week and an I-Bond via snail-mail in less than three weeks.

I filed in early Feb and received my direct-deposit cash refund in about a week and an I-Bond via snail-mail in less than three weeks.

Yep, just got my I-Bonds in the mail today.

Haven’t filed yet, but our return is on the fairly simple side. But saw an interesting item in a sidebar of The Week Magazine. It seems the phone calls to the IRS have been answered 90% of the time by IRS employees in the current filing season as opposed to less than 10% in 2022. That sorta puts to rest the thought that most of the billions extra Congress and Biden have provided hasn’t gone into hounding the average taxpayer. Not that there aren’t some fat cats that deserve a bit of hounding.

That assumption would put nothing to rest.

Have always rested comfortably with my returns for decades, had no reason not do… do you?