Should You Buy or Sell a Car Through Carvana?

Have you bought or sold a car through Carvana? Tell us about your experience!

Carvana shares have lost 98.8% of their value. The firm could possibly go bankrupt. I’d be very concerned if I had an expectation of getting service through them. Did they sell maintenance contracts? I hope no one here bought one if they did offer them.

1 Like

I have a good friend who sold a car to Carvana about a year ago. He had a very positive experience but even he admits they way overpaid. This was probably at the height of the car shortage but it’s easy to see how the company is failing. Used car prices are dropping fast now that supply chain issues are going away.

Thinking of a used car? Get a car from Carmax, not Carvana. Both cars came with dangerous tire set, nasty exterior cosmetic issues, alignment issues, worn out brakes. Carmax fixed everything! Carvana fixed nothing, even wasted a week of my time sending me through a warranty process that was useless. I sent multiple emails to various Carvana Executives. They never answered. Customer service and 132 point inspection were jokes. Only the joke was on me.

I had to wrestle some with Carmax, but eventually they fixed everything from replacing dangerous tires, electrical issues, cosmetic issues, etc. All without the extra warranty.

Still have Carmax car 5 years later. Sent Carvana car back with a sigh of relief. Be warned.