Is Your AAA Membership Worth It?

MY AAA membership has worked well in Hawaii. I opted for the extended mileage ption so that my vehicle could be towed anywehere on the island (essentually the size of Conneticut). Tha=t means if I break down anywhere on island I don’t need a hotel room if the car can’t be worked on that day. Also, I can always have it towed anywhere I want for repair or to my house.

AAA is going to be limited to the ability and quality of its tow partners.

As for Atlanta, although they get a lot of traffic along the Perimeter/Interstate, I was always amazed at the number of vehicles that caught fire there. I wonder if it was an easy way to dump a junker and perhaps be able to claim damage on insurance. Here in Hawaii it appears that if you take a junker to the junkyard you have to drain fluid first. That is difficult for many, so they abandon them along the highway and the County tows them. If they are abandoned on someones private property, the property owner must pay for towing, even if not their vehicle. That happened to me where someone left a junk car on my property and the police said I had to pay to tow it and I could have them try to locate the owner (who it turns out had moved to the mainland). I was ready to push it onto the shoulder of the highway so the County would take it, when someone decided that they wanted it for parts and it disappeared. Sometimes problems solve themselves!

My recent AAA call was documented in this posting