Hard wired Smoke Detector Batteries

When to change the Battery on a wired Smoke Detector??

Googling, I see a range from every 6 months to when it beeps.
Seems if you have had no Electric Outages… every 6 months is overkill. Yet, I do not want the beeping to start in the middle of the night.

I have the Kidde KN-COPE-IC:

We got tired of the hard-wired detectors beeping for no good reason and cut the cord. Replaced them with ten-year lithium battery ones that fit on the same bracket as I remember. That was in 2015 and they still test well, and the one nearest the kitchen lets me know when I’ve screwed up something on the electric range of toaster oven. These are similar to ours, but Amazon no longer carries the exact ones we bought in 2015. There are dozens to choose from, they’ve be absolutely beepless.

Our Smoke Detectors are too high. When they go off we cannot reset them… so I want to be safe.

Seems sill that they need battery replacement when the power is so seldom disrupted. Last time they went off was when the Power went out due to an electrician screwing with the box. We did not know it immediately?? Tough to sleep with it set off.

They’re not full proof according to Missouri or the other state with an M on the Fire code website! There’s always an offender and that keeps setting off the others+ something that owners of apartment buildings don’t tell you is one out in the hallway closet to the attic trap door can go off from melting snow, condensation or humidity from being located by a shower and you can keep replacing it but until you fix the moisture problem or it being exposed to cold then extreme heat it’s going to happen! My father went up in the attic in a house that I had and put extra insulation and a heavy blanket on the area over the offender, no more problems also check the back of the device as they have an expiration date, I use a old fashioned battery one and Velcro it to the wall and pulled the wires out of the hard wired one’s!