Cancellation Dish TV Service!

Has anyone tried to cancel their Dish service? Spent at least 30 minutes trying to cancel service, was given a huge discount to stay w a different package. Looked at package and it was nothing but local service at 70+$/ month. Called back, spent another 45 minutes trying to cancel and was given several different packages at huge discounts, but elected to cancel. The rep then tried to make me pay to ship their equipment back, I refused and he stated he would defer the charge and I would be receiving boxes to send items back. I requested a final bill and was told I cannot give you that, it takes 72 hrs for this to be compiled. I told him I was paid up thru the end of this week and he still refused to provide be with an amount. I’m now concerned they are trying to charge me because I received an email stating a return fee is being charged to my account, please advise?

Hi @306tripletfarms

Welcome to the community! That sounds really frustrating, especially after spending so much time trying to cancel.

I’d keep records of both calls and any emails, and make sure you get tracking/proof when returning the equipment. The return fee may be temporary, but I’d contact them again and ask them to confirm in writing that the service is canceled and no additional charges will apply.