Avoid Air France at all Costs

Just came back from a trip for Zagreb, Croatia. Booked the trip on KLM but Air France operated the flight.

They lost our two bags. Filed a report at the Zagreb airport giving our hotel and e-mail. (Our cell phone did not work in Croatia.) Got an e-mail in a day saying they were found and made it to Zagreb.

But there was no delivery of bags. Air France provided no way to contact them, but just referred us to their website with a list of FAQs.

Finally had to spend my money the 3rd day going back to the airport at my expense. Our bags were in a pile of other bags in baggage claims. Air France had no intention of delivering them to us.

I had hoped Air France would improve with KLM’s purchase of them. Nope! It is the same sorry outfit it has always been. They don’t give a damn about customers.

For anyone interested in cheap fares to Europe, Norse Atlantic Airways is celebrating its birthday by having a sale on airfares thru June 18th. They have flights from the US to spots like London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Athens and Oslo from $149, with return flights from $205. Eligible travel periods are September 1 - December 19, 2024 and between January 6 - March 28, 2025, although a quick search on their site had similar fares outside of these dates as well. I used them to fly back to the US after a transatlantic cruise to Europe earlier this year, and was very impressed.

Air Chance, always

Just try to get a live person on the phone to talk to Air France about ANY problem. It would be easier to get Joe Biden to answer your phone call.

I guess I’ll find out how good or bad Air France is on June 21 when I fly to Paris. At least I won’t be checking a bag.

The French are famous for their cuisine, but Air France has some of the worst airline food I have ever been served. Bring some food of your own on the flight.

Kim