Are you sharing Netflix with another household?

Netflix is starting to crack down on password sharing. What does this mean for you?

A friend has Netflix Premium… allows 4 simultaneous screens.
He is divorced with kids with first wife… 2 addresses… 1 extended Family… I wonder how many fall into this category.

nah, but using VPNs to access different countries’ content is fun if you want lots of variety or to see what strange shenanigans the Motion Picture Industry engages in with rotating licenses around the globe at different times.

The big problem is that the premium only allows members of the same household to have four screens. The first issue is you must have standard or premium which is $15.99 and $19.99, respectively.

I’m not sure if the price increase will be $2.99/mo here or a higher dollar figure here such as $6.99 per household on top of the standard rate for one household and premium rate for two households

On the low end, three households would pay $25.97/mo and on the high end, three households would pay $33.97/mo ($19.99 + 2x $6.99). On the low end, 2 households would pay $18.98 and on the high end $22.98 ($15.99 + $6.99).

In contrast three households buying service on one screen would pay $29.97/mo or $4/mo more. I’m thinking if you pay $9.99 for one house, $15.99 for two screens at any households, and $19.99 for four screens at up to three households that’s a good price point

I have kids away at college but my router has a VPN so they they can connect and appear as if they are at my house. Problem solved.

1 Like

True. VPN appears on the same server

I do think people should pay for licenses not merely screens within one’s house. Netflix is not being cheated if two households split a standard service

Buying a multiple user license is reasonable