An Amazon Problem

I order an item on July 6th (16 days ago) and the status still is:

Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

So, what is my issue? Yes, I understand that the product might not be available or some such reason, but here is the gotcha.

I have to cancel the order because the seller is told not to. A PRIME order should not be cancelled by the seller. The buyer can cancel it directly or he may contact Amazon to cancel it. If the seller cancells the order it appears that their account metrics trake a hit and a few of those and they may not be able to sell on Amazon.

So it appears if I cancel the order the seller is not dinged.

There is no “contact seller” button to ask what’s up, but I can cancel.

I guess I will contact ‘Customer Service’ and try to get a shipping date.

This item was offered before Prime Day and it appears the product was on sale also during that time. I just hate to see a seller get away with not getting a bad rep if in fact they don’t actually ship products.

So I spoke with the CSR and she has essentually told me she sees no shipping date. (Isn’t that why I called?) So after some back and forth, she opened a ticket to have the seller RELEASE the item for shipping. I assume that means they will get a request to ship it. Isn’t that what the order does?

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the airport rental car. “You know how to TAKE the reservation, you just don’t know how to HOLD the reservation”.

I ended up ordering the items (at a slightly higher price) from Home Depot and they came within a week. Then just today I order more from Home Deport and finally cancelled the Amazon order which was 1 month old and still had no shipping date.

I have been looking at items lately on Amazon and they all seem to have a 20 day date in the future. I can pay extra to have them sooner. I THINK NOT! I may have to rethink my love of Amazon Shopping.

I think Amazon has started a supply chain with China recently so they can take advantage of the artificially low labor costs in order to compete with Temu. The trade-off is that the items have to come across on shipping containers which takes a couple of weeks.

Clark has talked about this in a coupe of segments recently.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/amazon-launch-discount-section-with-direct-shipping-china-information-reports-2024-06-26/

1 Like