Amazon Prime Days

July 16th and July 17th are Amazon Prime Days. There seems to be many gadgets listed. What good deals are you finding? Let us know. :+1:

The best deal for myself was to discontinue my prime years ago since I didnā€™t find value in it anymore.

Prime Day seems a lot like Apple Events. Lots of hype and some bargains. Which lead me to think that the rest of the time it may not be such a good deal.

I recently tried to buy a particular item (fiberglass rods with reflective strip for the side of a driveway). Multiple company names but all said they were out of stock. Yet they show up as a sale today with Prime Day for almost the exact same price I paid. My itinial order was 9 days ago and today still has a ā€œWe will notify you when we have a shipping dateā€. I almost cancelled my order to buy one of these now listed, but I didnā€™t. Iā€™ll hold onto my original order.

By the way after looking many other places I did find the same product at HomeDepot.Com where they will only ship t ostore, but that order seems to have shipped the next day.

I am assuming all these ā€˜manufactorersā€™ are selling the ame product from the (probably) only supplier. I have yet to hear of a fiberglass production issue where nobody was getting any of the materials.

Last year I purchased an automatic litter box for my catsā€¦ Iā€™m very happy I did, and Iā€™ll never go back to a regular one. Might investigate a different brand/style at some point, but nothing is calling my name this year.

I have been watching the price on an EGO mower and waiting to buy one hoping to catch a clearance sale at Lowes or Ace Hardware. A Prime Day ā€œdealā€ has an EGO mower reduced from $699 to $529. The mower has two batteries and a fast charger. It is the lowest price I have seen for an EGO mower with batteries. I ordered it and it is due to arrive today.

I just checked the Amazon site, and the deal is gone. This is typical of Prime Days deals. I am glad I saved $170 by catching the deal.

I bought a pair of slippers last week and they were on sale for $20 (regularly 31) They were too big so I sent them back and was going to order a smaller size. But the price was back up to $31, however they had a ā€œusedā€ pair for $20 so I ordered them. Still too big so I returned them and checked for a smaller size and then it was Prime Days and a new pair was on sale for $19. It was nice to get a little discount but I donā€™t wait for any special days to order thingsā€¦just got a little lucky

Good luck with the Ego. I have been using their products for the past 4 years and only complaint so far is that the 7.5 amp battery that came with my mower failed right at the 3 year out of warranty mark. I had 2 other 5 amp batteries that came with other equipment and replaced the failed battery with a generic 5 amp one that seems to be doing ok for the past year. I am satisfied with my purchases, just throwing my experience your way is all.

Thank you for sharing. This new EGO mower will be a replacement for a mower that I have. I had a similar experience with the 7.5 amp hour battery. My battery started going bad and I contacted EGO. Fortunately, my battery was still under warranty. I have several EGO products and I have since added to my EGO battery collection. Instead of using the larger and higher capacity batteries, my preference is to use the smaller batteries in the 4 to 5 amp hour range. The runtime is not as long, but I am okay with that. It is possible to purchase two of the smaller batteries for about the same price as the larger batteries. The mower I just purchased includes two 4.0 Ah batteries and a rapid charger. If I were to purchase those items individually, the cost would be close to what I paid for the mower package. It is almost like I got the mower for free.