Will You Keep Amazon Prime/Prime Video Despite the Price Hike?

Let us know if you’ll pay the higher price or do something else for video streaming!

I’m keeping it. You can share an Amazon Prime membership with a friend and then you can both have access to Prime video. The two for one makes this cheaper than each having separate service, Amazon Prime in it’s self quite nice and affordable when two people share it.

I didn’t pay attention to the price hike until I saw it on my credit card bill for January. I’ll keep it this year but won’t renew it next year. While some Prime video was good, I also have Netflix and only need one streaming service. Besides, it’s not great with kids. When my grandson comes over and I want to watch a movie, it seems like I have to pay for the movie since it’s not included in prime. I’d rather just go to a Roku movie station and buy from them.

1 Like

I will keep it. I went for the Free Shipping.

The Prime Video is a Bonus.
The Jack Reacher series sealed the deal.

Now, I am looking at it as Netflix plus Free shipping.

1 Like

I share Amazon Prime benefits with my dad. Does Amazon’s Prime Video appear to be more sympathetic to older movies and TV shows than other streaming services?

I have Prime for the shipping… it more than pays for itself. Any video is gravy.

Bosch was the best gravy!

There is some overlap between Prime and free Services like Tubi.
If I use Roku search to find a Movie, I will often see it on both Prime and a free Service but Prime does not have Commercials,

Prime seems to charge for the newer and more on demand movies.

But then, Would I keep Prime for the Free Shipping without the Movies? Probably!

I buy enough car and truck parts a year that the free shipping makes it worth while. Even with the free shipping, I always price compare.