Windows 10 Update

Wondering if others are finding this?

After several days of nags to update Windows 10 (NOT 11), I succumbed. It took over an hour. At the end I could log into Yahoo but little else. Most sites were unavailable.

I rebooted and it apparently did more updating… not sure, but really slow. When it came up, All sites were available but really slow… like my processor had been downgraded.

After what seemed like several hours, it returned to its old self… sort of like getting comfortable with a new pair of shoes.

===
After reading stories of an Apple update bricking some computers, I was very concerned.

I have a Windows 7 computer. Still use it, even though it no longer has support from Microsoft for quite a few years now.

When it comes to running Windows 10, renowned computer expert Scott Mueller has recommended a minimum of 8GB RAM and a solid-state drive for best performance.

1 Like

I have a 16 GB w/i7 Processor with a spinning 1T Spinning Disc.

Well, PricePerformer, did you perform a clean install of Windows 10 on your system, or did you install Windows 10 on top of Windows 7? The aforementioned Scott Mueller has preferred clean installs.

Wouldn’t think it would be an issue but what do I know. Work computer is a windoze 10 laptop and the IT monkeys maintain it, remotely and automated. Same computer a couple of years and it regularly gets updates, often demanding that it be booted during my work hours. Other than being annoying, I have had few issues.