For me, it was a couple of streaming subscriptions that I barely used. I originally signed up because I thought I’d watch them regularly, but after a while they were just another automatic charge on my card. I canceled them and honestly didn’t miss them much at all.
It made me realize how easy it is to keep paying for things simply because the payment is automatic. Now I try to review my recurring expenses every few months and ask myself whether I’ve actually used each service recently. Sometimes the small monthly charges are the easiest savings because you don’t really feel like you’re giving anything up.
This is such an individualized response, but for me it was choosing to cook more and dine out less. It’s a healthier option, but I had to learn to cook well.
Almost 15 years ago I became a “cordcutter”. I now just have Internet and stream free TV. Roku, Firestick, YouTube. I also have a TV antenna, although at 65 miles from the broadcast towers I don’t consistently pull in good signals. And no, I don’t have any subscriptions to tv. All free. I know there are people that just HAVE to have their ESPN and such. Not me.
TV, purchased an OTA antenna and a Tablo. I can record live TV. I have an Amazon Firestick and tons of free apps, Youtube, Roku, Tubi, Pluto, Hoopla, Kanopy and others. I have all the content I want.
I cut my huge mobile bill and pay $15 a month for Mint Mobile. Quit Spectrum and moved to Tmobile home internet for $50 a month. Cut out takeout and fast food and cook at home.
That Tablo looks cool! I’d like to know what other devices similar would be out there. I watch a lot of YouTube videos and would love to DVR them so I can zap those annoying ads.
Can you post that information you found? It is not possible to record YouTube. You may be referring to the Tablo “Fast Channels” which are ad-supported streaming TV that the Tablo device picks up. But those are not separate streaming channels.