What Are Your Favorite Cheap Travel Tips?

Share how you save money on travel!

Well, hitch-hiking can save you some bucks. Though not recommended for everyone. But a lot of people do hitch-hiking these days.

Many of the things I do are from Clarks’ suggestions.

Looking for airfare sales, traveling on cheaper days, leaving an extra day either side of a trip and trying to get bumped, using alternative airports (i.e. In Atlanta traveling to Birmingham), booking on a flight that looks full so I can offer my seat (another bump possibility), checking if I can split a flight and use 2 different carriers with an intermediate carrier.

On a recent driving trip I used an app to avoid toll roads because I knew there was a location that was not well marked and if confused, you were forced to a toll road. I use Gasbuddy when traveling to see if driving to the next exit or a bit away from an Interstate will save money on gas. Like Clark recently mentioned, sometimes driving across a state line makes a significant difference in gas price.

When my Sisters were traveling across the country, I had them install Life360 on their cellphones. I could track them if they had issues and kept me from calling them when they were driving but knew when they pulled over at a rest stop and were sleeping.

I found this one info graph about Cheap Travel Trips. Definitely worth a reading. Btw what you can consider is having a tour guide for you also, they can certainly help you with reducing travel cost if you’re on budget. Give this article a go about other advantages of having a tour guide Hiring A Guide In Cancun: Pros & Cons | GoWithGuide

We also use many of Clark’s suggestions such as finding the cheapest city to fly to (in Europe) then using discount airlines to get to our final destination. We also have several major airports within 6 hours drive and will shop for deals at those and drive to one of those to fly out if it makes financial sense. Next time we’ll try to get deals to Europe out of New York as the flight home (west coast) from our last trip to Italy was just too brutal to do all in one day (27 hours door to door). Would rather break the trip up a little more these days.