I recently purchased a ticket to a sporting event in another state. I used a 3rd part reseller ticket broker. I purchased the tickets on May 20 for an event on May 29 and paid extra for overnight delivery via UPS. By May 23, I still hadn’t received my package, so I went to the website of the ticket reseller and discovered my street address was incorrect. Not sure whose mistake it was, I probably should have verified it closer before clicking the button to purchase. I went to UPS’s website on 5/23 which said there was an issue with my address. There was a place on there to update the ship to address, so, I corrected it. A few hours later (still May 23) I went to the UPS website with my tracking number and there was a message that said We received a request to modify the delivery address. We are working a request to change the ship to address for this package. Once completed, you can see the new address in your package tracking details. I checked their website everyday for a week using my tracking number and I always got this message. The package finally showed up on June 1, 3 days after the event ended.
I tried to file a claim on UPS’s website but got a message that said go to claim support section and initiate a claim. Once the claim is initiated you’ll need to work with the sender to finalize the claim. Well, it wasn’t the shippers fault the package got delivered late, it was UPS’s fault because it took their software 7 days to handle an address change on their website. So, I’m out $380+