Turbotax Deluxe Stock Sales

Does TurboTax Deluxe 2022 handle stock sales?

All desktop CD/download products (including Deluxe) can handle sales of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc, and can import from brokerages, etc.

====
Sounds great , I have the TT deluxe CD.

I cannot access the 8949 needed to complete Schedule D.

I can display the 1099-B but cannot update it even with “Override”.

I do not need to access a Brokerage. I only have a few easily entered sales.

How do I enter a few Stock sales in TT Deluxe CD version?

I had a similar problem several years back and switched to the premier version, it handles that stuff pretty much automagically.

Last November Premier CD cost me $110 direct from Intuit. They used to offer upgrades for the price delta between the Deluxe and Premier versions.

For a once-a-year expenditure on something as important as getting taxes right, I feel the extra few bucks is worth it.

I switched this year from TT Deluxe 2021 to HRBlock Deluxe 2022, which is basically the same, but cheaper ($35). It imported my information from TT2021, no problem.

I don’t know if this will help, but on HRBlock, I can access/use Form 8949 by going to “Forms” for my Federal return, “Open Form”, and click the button that says “All Forms”, which shows every form available.

I checked my TT 2021 (Deluxe), and I could do the same. In my federal return, on the upper right is “forms” which then shows every form possible. Schedule D / Form 8949 were there – you just click on the form and fill it out. Hopefully TT2022 Deluxe has the same.

I found that certain forms don’t show up automatically on the programmed “interview”, so you have to dig a little for them.