Spectrum Billing me For $ 0.00 Balance Due

I dumped Spectrum for Google Fiber.

I have received two emails reminding me that I have a zero balance that will be paid from my auto pay account.

I wounder if I did not pay the zero balance will it be reflected on my credit report.

1 Like

To be safe, I’d send them $.01 to clear the book.
[I’ve done this in the past–same issue]

1 Like

My HELOC carried a -$.01 cent balance for years. I finally took the time to call and get them to clear it out.

The same thing happened to me with Xfinity. I tried for months to get them to stop sending me statements after I quit them. They actually showed I had a credit due but the statement said they could remove $ from my bank account. They owed me, wouldn’t send the $, but kept sending me monthly statements.
I spent hours on the phone trying to get it resolved and get them to close my account.
It was wasted hours.
It took 2 letters to BBB to finally get the account closed and my money refunded.
Good luck. Customer service is not what it used to be.

1 Like

Maybe they will sue me for the balance due. :smile:

1 Like

In olden times, people would just write a check for Zero dollars and zero cents and mail it in with the payment coupon. If they process the check it may cost them, so usually someone will manually correct the problem.

As a computer guy, I can imagine a couple of fields in the computer account, one being amount overage, amount due and a field called PAID IN FULL. Perhaps some rounding error and no check mark in the paid in full. Someone manually will have to make whatever adjustment is necessary to stop the billing for $0.00.

1 Like

Customer service? What the heck is customer service :grin:

1 Like

A long forgotten service from the old days…

2 Likes