Old Mobile Home Removal

My property in North Carolina has an older mobile home that I want moved, removed, sold, given away or demolished. Which is my best cheapest option? I’ve contacted removal companies and permits are required for demolishing. I’ve been quoted around $6000 for removal and cleanup.A cheaper option is to pay them to tow it away as it is still usable for other uses. One company says they will reuse it for a payment from me for around $4000. Can I offer to split the removal fee with someone so they can use it? I didn’t have any takers when I offered it for free. And I asked the nearby fire station if they want it for practice, but I still have to pay for cleanup.

Are these “we buy mobile homes” legitimate?

I plan to replace it with a newer manufactured home. Thanks everyone for constructive ideas or experiences.

Off the top of my head, I would check with local charities that might be able to place it in a useful place. I’d also check out any local mobile home parks. The park owners might take it off your hands.

1 Like

Will do, thanks!