Estimated Taxes Due Dates for 2023

Sometimes I hate my government. They seriously can’t space the due dates evenly throughout the year?

Why do you object to the way they have them? :thinking:

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for quarterly payments to be due at the same time each quarter. Unless the rules were designed by people trying to make it more burdensome than it needs to be so that citizens will feel like they need to hire professional help.

Well, without doing the math, that looks to be approximately every 90 days, or every third month but adjusted to a business day?

But this is why I prefer to have withholdings for all my taxible income.

Actually the one from April to June is only two months. :slight_smile:

Maybe you should do the math.
93 days
58 days
92 days
122 days

Or if you prefer to count months:
3 months
2 months
3 months
4 months

That’s what the calendar app on your cell phone is for. Just enter the dates with an alarm to remind you when to send in your payments. Try it… it’s easy… :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. I’m well aware of ways to remember to do things on time. Not the point.

But even if it was, the way the deadlines are set now requires 4 alarms, one for each of January, April, June, and September. A logical once-per-quarter deadline would only require one that repeats every three months.

Sometimes the government just makes more work for you because it can, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

You can run for office and change it… :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not corrupt enough to be elected to federal office. Plus, I’ll bet this is an IRS rule, and not something Congress ever voted on.

1 Like

Some of old grumps don’t have a smart phone. [there are a few of us dinosaurs]

Maybe they should just require you file every every month… or maybe every payday… THAT would be easy to remember! And then we could forget about those pesky quarterly estimated taxes… :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the info. Last year I set up scheduled payments on my IRS and State tax website accounts to pay the estimates. It took some time to set up all the payments but I felt it was worth it in the long run. I did have the info on my google calendar as well as a reminder and you also get an email before they take it out of your checking account.