Cost of using Roku?

How much does it cost to operate a Roku device?
Are the Ultras due for an Upgrade soon?

I have multiple Roku (standalone) devices and the cost was the one to buy it. There was never a charge to use it UNLESS you want to subscribe to paid programming.

I seem to remember that there may be a credit card used to set them up in the event I want to pay for paid programming. I have never done that and never updated the credit card (if it asked for one).

The same here. My only costs have been what I paid for the devices.

I have never been asked to enter any payment information in my account I know you can do it if you want.

I love the Roku devices and have a few different ones ranging from the early devices up to the latest. I have never had to pay for a service, only for the device.

I also have a Roku TV which is a very nice 4K TV made by TCL. It is a lot like having a Roku device connected to it but the device is built-in.

I was very happy to see Roku start the Roku Channel app. It is a free streaming app and I use it to watch TV shows, movies and channels.

Hey William!

The cost of using a Roku device should only be what you pay for it at the store. Afterwards, you have the option to subscribe to streaming TV services that do cost extra. But that’s totally up to you.

You’ll have access to free streaming TV options, such as The Roku Channel, as a native portion of the device.

Many smart TVs now have similar functionality built into them, so it’s possible you may not need a streaming dongle at all.

Nick