Clark on Car Batteries

I bought my last Battery at Walmart… thanks to Clark info.
Previously I had bought from Autozone… I thought they had good prices. Walmart was better.

Clark talks about ORDERING a battery. Have you ever planned to buy a Battery? I have not. Isn’t that why folks carry Jumper cables. Buying a Battery is more like the saying “Sh-t Happens.”

===
I buy my tires at Costco, I wish they offered more services, installing a Battery is a very small step up.

1 Like

If you can’t install your own car battery, you have no business carrying jumper cables.

3 Likes

I have a 2006 Chrysler Sebring. The battery is located in the wheel well, behind the tire. You have to remove the tire in order to gain access to the battery.

Wasn’t going to mess around with that. Had it removed and replaced at a Pep Boys.

I also carry a jumper cables and a jump pack.

I stand corrected. In that case, assuming you know how to use jumper cables, it makes sense to have them. I limit my prior comment to cars with the battery at the top of the engine bay.

All of those car battery places are great, no argument.

If you are a AAA member, their battery service that comes to you is VERY convenient and the batteries seem good quality - all their branding, of course. I have not price shopped them, but when they can come to your home or work, test your car’s charging system and if it checks out, install a battery - it’s hard to beat that package.

What timing! This happened to me just last week. AAA came and did several tests on battery and charging system. He showed me the results on his test meter.

Bought the AAA battey and the service was great.

I don’t have AAA insurance, but merely the roadside emergency service. Bought it for my wife many years ago because I didn’t want her stuck on a road someplace. Very happy with their service.

I have. Often you can tell when the battery is starting to fail. If it starts to show signs, I will start putting the battery on a desulfator, if I hadn’t already, which can extend its life several years sometimes. But when I know I can no longer save the battery, I start looking around and have ordered one in the past on a deal. The battery in one of my cars is over 15 years old.

Similar issue with our 2015 Ford Edge - battery is really hard to get to. I have been replacing all our batteries myself for years but on that vehicle I give in and have the shop install it.