Can't get Visa to Australia

Can’t believe I have been to 60 countries and Australia is the hardest one so far to enter. Bought a ticket to attend an educational conference in Sidney months ago. Had to get my US passport renewed before I applied for a visa. A visa to visit Australia is no piece of cake to get.

Believe or not, visitors must have a smart phone and download a special app to apply. I don’t own a phone. I could possibly use my wife’s phone, but I don’t know if I must have that phone present when I pass through immigration. If so, I am out of luck. Australian embassy doesn’t help with visas. They farm it out to a private firm which is impossible to contact. The Australian tourist board has yet to reply.

If I don’t get a visa this week I will cancel my trip. I paid for my flight with Delta Skymiles and I am hoping I can get those back.

Does anyone out there have REAL EXPERIENCE with obtaining an Australian visa? Man the Aussie government is either really messed up or they really don’t want visitors down under. New Zealand was easy compared to Australia.

I don’t have any recent experience. However, I did a quick Google search and this company came up:

Look at the bottom for the services they provide. I would give them a call and ask them if they can do anything for you.

Edit: Did you see this site?

I’ve been there twice. Last time was 2012 and we didn’t have any notable delays or difficulties at that time.

No cell phone???

I see where airports are trying to do away with paper tickets. That may be the reason for the smartphone, to carry an electronic boarding pass and other documents.

Hmmm, just did a Google search:

Do I need to print off my visa for Australia?

Australian visas are recorded electronically. You do not need a visa label in your passport to travel to, enter or stay in Australia. The vast majority of people travelling to and residing in Australia do so without an Australian visa label in their passport.

Do I need a physical copy of my visa to enter Australia?

Everyone entering Australia must present a valid and approved travel document as evidence of their identity and nationality. Australian visas are electronically attached to the valid passport used on the visa application.

So, yeah, all electronic. I guess the Visa is an indicator that pops up on their screen when they scan your passport.