Bluebird Debit Card

Today an unsolicited Bluebird Visa Debit card showed up in the mail. Instructions to call or log on to activate. Website asks for username etc. I called and read the card number to them and automated message says “0.00 balance”. Get through to a person (bad accent/hard to understand) and asked where this came from. They wanted birthdate and last 4 of SSN. No way. Transferred to their fraud department. They cannot/will not give any info on how or why just that I must have gone to their website and applied. Said it was affiliated with American Express. Call Amex and they have no knowledge.
Went to all 3 credit agencies and there is nothing showing on any of them. Put credit alerts on all three.
Anyone have any info on who this Bluebird outfit is?

Bluebrid Debit Card web site

“The Bluebird® American Express® Prepaid Debit Account (“Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account”) and card are issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., not a bank. The Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account is not a bank account. Bank accounts may offer features and benefits that are different from those provided by the Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account (e.g. Bluebird Checks must be pre-authorized; the Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account has funding/spending limits and funds availability timeframes that are different than those of bank accounts).”

As I said, I called them and talked to them and they refused information. Amex Fraud department claimed no knowledge either. Transunion fraud rep stated that there are companies that mail these out unsolicited and then hope you will activate and use it.