Why am I still getting calls from "Medicare Providers"?

Why am I still getting calls from “Medicare Providers”?

Open Enrollment is over. I hoped it would end there.

1 Like

I believe Medicare Advantage has open enrollment Jan-March.

Because selling those crappy Medicare Advantage plans is extremely profitable compared to Medicare supplement plans.

Many older Americans are sadly on Medicaid…and if you are full Medicaid eligible, you can essentially change advantage plans any time throughout the year…so they will always chase

The Jan-March is “open enrollment” where you can make one change to a different Advantage plan if need be.

There is also that people have a 365 day range of dates that they become eligible for medicare. I know I started getting ads a full year in advance of my eligibility. And I STILL get ads/emails on medicare addressed to my husband, who died 9 years ago last Thursday.

Apparently it never ends. Today I got a letter from Kaiser Permanente trying to sell their medicare health plan to my brother who’s been dead for 15+ years (and never lived at my address).

We get mail for our dog who has been dead for 10 years.

A couple of years ago I got an ad that said my dad, who passed away over 20 years ago, was prequalified for a $50,000 life insurance policy and he could not be turned down. I filled out the form and named myself as the beneficiary, then returned to them, explain that dad had passed so they can just sent me the check.