What converters needed for Chile and Argentina

I see 2 converters listed for each country. do I need to buy both?

We are only going to use to charge our phones.

Chile Type C and Type L

Argentina type C and I.

Thank you

Do new cars (like rentals) still have cigarette lighters? If so, that a charger for that.

Are you staying at a hotel or B&B? They probably have changers left by others, especially if their home country.

Also, most newer TV’s have a USB connector in the back where you can plug in your cable.

I believe there are Walmarts in Chili and Agentina too.

You should be okay with Type C. I do not specifically remember what we used in those 2 countries, but we have used Type C adapter in multiple countries in South America and Europe. We are currently in France where Type C and E adapters are used but we are doing well with the Type C adapter. I believe that the other connectors have a grounding component. Perhaps someone with electrical background can provide more information.

Thanks for your inputs - appreciated.

Good point about the TV USB ports

We also got a converter at Walmart with C.

Just remember Chile is more like the US and Argentina more like Europe.

Chile’s is 120 volts like the US and Argentina’s is 240.

Please get dollars changed on black market rates outside, where you can get 3 times more Argie Pesos than the official rate. Argies will stop you on the streets trying to get dollars and Euros.

It is a good lesson what eventually happens to currencies when governments cannot control spending.