Suntrust Bank Fraud

Back in Oct 2021 my business had 43 falsified checks totaling $38,000.00 drawn out of my business account. Some criminal falsified our business checks and did mobile deposits in his Wells Fargo account. We have been dealing with Suntrust Fraud department since Oct 2021 and they will not help us get this resolved. We have copies of all the fake checks. Suntrust declines the fraud claim because Wells Fargo will not return the money to Suntrust.

Sounds like time to sue both banks for triple damages and legal fees.

Federal Agencies that regulate banks

Federal Reserve Consumer Help Form

Don’t the federal banking rules for commercial accounts differ from consumer checking accounts? If it’s like credit card accounts there’s a higher standard for user security procedures. ie: the bank is less responsible for security breaches.

“Don’t the federal banking rules for commercial accounts differ from consumer checking accounts? If it’s like credit card accounts there’s a higher standard for user security procedures. ie: the bank is less responsible for security breaches.”

You may be right.

The feds will answerer that when he files his complaint.

I believe it’s better to let the feds know of the complaint and there is a chance they may refer him to other agencies that may be of assistance.

He needs to get every thing in writing.

The dispute is likely to be subject to arbitration under the terms of the contract with the banks service agreement.

FYI: Truist Financial Corporation is an American bank holding company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company was formed in December 2019 as the result of the merger of BB&T and SunTrust Banks.

Thanks so much for your input. One of our claims is still being denied from Oct 2021 by Truist. Here is the funny part, we had 2 fraud claims for the exact same reasons. They reimbursed us for one of them but denied the second. And we can’t get anyone at a Truist Local branch who is willing to help us

Complain to the Feds.