Robinhood future

Do you think Robinhood will be around in the next 10 years? Our household has a few hundred dollars in it, spread among a few ETFs. I have been hesitant to add more money to my account simply because I am not sure they will be viable, probably will get bought up by another financial company and mothballed in some ways.

I like the idea of being able to put spare change into a RH investment account. The app makes it very easy to buy ETFs and stocks. I’d stick with them, especially buying dividend and income stream ETFs and stocks, but it seems maybe other big brokerages have figured out how to do fractional share trades.

Waiting to see what Schwab does with my TD Ameritrade account next month too. If Schwab has reasonable fractional share offerings, that will probably mean I leave Robinhood sooner than later.

Schwab would make you crazy because no fractional shares. You’d want Fidelity

I thought Robinhood was a really cool concept when I first heard about it, but you couldn’t pay me to use their app after the “finger on the scales” BS they pulled during the GME squeeze situation. I hope their company goes under in the most painful way possible.

Primer if you don’t know what I’m talking about: Robinhood is facing dozens of lawsuits over GameStop stock freeze - The Verge

Schwab definitely has fractional shares…through their Schwab Slices platform. Not every stock is available however…just those in the S&P500 Index.

At Fidelity I can fractionally buy ETFs. I can target a dollar amount and it hits within a few cents. I don’t really own individual stocks.