Local credit union offering 5 year CD at a 3.00% rate

IShares also has date bond ETFs. Do you know anything about them?

Oh gosh, those are new to me. Iā€™ll look at them. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re trying to copy what Invesco did. Same ideaā€¦ have the entire bond ETF portfolio mature around the same time.

Actually, Social Security is a ponzi schemeā€¦

Youā€™re entirely welcome to not claim your Social Security benefits and not make the Ponzi crime worse

1 Like

Glad toā€¦just give me my contributions back. I wont even ask for interest.

Take the benefits until you reach the payback point then stop. No one is stopping you. Put your money where your mouth is

I canā€™t draw benefits for another 20 years. Give me the money now and you got a deal.

Relax!.. our SS system is the ultimate ā€œtoo big to failā€ schemeā€¦ you can be assured that the ones who follow you will suffer more than you haveā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi everyone, I think end-2022 to early-2023 is the time to lock in rates by buying CDs or bonds to hold to maturity. Rates will top out and fall into 2023-2024, that is the market view now.

I am seeing that with the rates getting priced lower since last week. I guess that is why Mr. market is up today July 28 2022. It likes the low interest adrenalin.

That sounds about right @ochotona based on what is being priced into the market.

Adrenalin or Crack Cocaine!