Is Edmunds price a low price

I want a low price for a new car but I don’t know what that might be. I go to the Edmunds Internet site and enter the car I want. Edmunds gives me an “Edmunds suggests you pay” price. Is this really a low price? How do you arrive at an acceptable price for a new car?

It’s an okay price but you can beat it with some leg work. Internet managers at dealerships may get you a better price. Edmunds has a forum online you can check out for appropriate prices and money factors for your preferred car. The site you’re looking at is affiliated with certain brokers so their “suggested” price is not necessarily the lowest. When I leased my car [considered both leasing and buying], I looked at Edmunds, met with Costco’s dealership reps and contacted individual internet managers. I was able to find a much better deal researching prices others paid and sending specifically worded emails to internet managers at many dealerships that had the car I was interested in. I won’t lie, it’s a ton of work and you get a lot of crickets, but if you are persistent you can find a much better deal yourself. Just make offers on cars that dealers have incentive to sell bc they’ve been on the lot too long…