Should I Cash-In My Bitcoins on NFTs, Now?

Thank you for this fascinating background.

It is interesting that crooks who had been involved in other scams are involved in some of the cryptos like Tether. It is always advantageous for crooks to make a scam as complicated as possible, so few people can decipher what is going on.

Cryptos came about from these factors:

1. Ever more intrusive governments making financial privacy difficult.
  2. Ever-declining value of fiat currencies.
  3. Huge creations of money supply during and after the pandemic.
  4. The ageless desire to creat a “new thing” to make lots of money.

The government of El Salvador, an early Bitcoin booster, is now in trouble because of crypto decline.

Play with these instruments at your own risk.

An earlier generation would call a Bitcoin “Vaporware.”

Bitcoins do not exist physically. They are simply an entity defined into existence by the use of an algorithm that provides the ability to identify and track the bitcoin as a discrete series of numbers, symbols and characters. Just like anything else, it’s only worth what someone else is willing to to give you in exchange for it. To participate in this exchange you must own a virtual container which is also not a physical thing but is identified and trackable by an algorithm acceptable by the one that defines and controls the Bitcoins.

I heard stories of vaporware way back when. A company would advertise and perhaps even take orders for a product just to see if there was any interest in them actually developing it.

Does that still exist today? Some of the products on Kickstarter?

My personal feeling: An example is in politics with ‘trial baloons’, they float a proposal, see what the response is and then, if it is not popular, say “I never said that and I wouild never do that”. Well, of course not NOW…

To answer the OP question, I used t owork at checkin for a timeshare resort (we were not aloowed toi sell timeshares or I never would have been there). A woman told me that she owned 2 timeshares and still could not get the dates or rooms she wanted and asked if I thought she sould buy another? I think the OP is jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. I personally dabbled in bitcoin (a couple hundred dollars) and lost half, sold and never looked back. (Actualli I just looked at Satoshi and see it is 1/3 of its opening price. It has been mostly going down. I wonder where all the profit is going?

My friend was invited once to a free steak dinner and left with an annuity. I guess that was the desert.

The OP made the comment and title with tongue in cheek. I already hold a small fortune worth of Beanie Babies and have no reason to invest in risky investment trends. :smile:

I’ll give you a tulip bulb and one ostrich egg for the whole lot of your Beanie Babies.

1 Like

No thanks, I had tulip bulb and my wife mistook it for an onion and it ended up in some clam chowder… actually, it tasted pretty good. :smile:

What about my cabbage patch dolls and pet rocks?

You can’t go wrong with those. I’m sorry I missed out early on, I envy those who got in at the bottom. Next to a lottery ticket they’re the surest way to a secure retirement.