Does Costco Save You Money

They are average sized (not commodious) and poorly arranged. The driveways through the aisles of the parking lot are quite wide, however. Parking is straight in, not angled, shopping cart corrals are huge and take up any close spaces that handicapped parking does not. Three or four aisles of handicapped parking, but only the first few spaces in each are actually close.

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to carry enough gas to make it worth it when youā€™re on foot, though.

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t save me any money except gas for the cars.

Needed a loaf of bread. Had to buy a two-pack. Needed ground turkey. Had to buy FOUR pounds at once. Needed Parmesan cheese. Had to buy TWO gigantic containers.

Needed an umbrella. Only had one super large and fancy model. Maybe it was a good deal for the size and quality, but I didnā€™t want one that big or fancy.

Needed oranges. Had to buy a big bag. When I counted the content and divided into the price, the oranges were the same price as Wal-Mart.

Oh, the unhealthy food they sell at the front of the store is a good deal also.

I make membership fees easily each year even though only two in the household. But itā€™s not like shopping at Costco is all or nothing. I do the Costco shopping then the next stop is three three blocks away at Aldi. Best of both worlds.

Our Costco spaces are slanted. Handicapped stalls close to the front door and along the side of the building.

Safeway has slanted parkingā€¦love it. The parking by my local coffee shop is not slanted, but mostly has huge spaces (this morning I parked my Excursion at a significant slant, and was completely within the lines). The closest Costco has poor parking; the next closest one has fairly descent parking.

I used to have a BJs membership, but the $50 wasnā€™t worth it for just myself.

But ā€“ I can shop at BJs as a non-member and pay a 5% non-member fee on the purchase.
I donā€™t shop there a lot, but when I need bulk items I canā€™t find elsewhere, Iā€™ll go to BJs as a non-member. Works for me!

I find Target is far more expensive

Iā€™m thinking that Samā€™s Club would likely have lower prices than Walmart

I definitely like getting my Tide from Costco.