Credit bureaus, you love them, you hate them. Actually, I think we all hate them!

Credit bureaus, you love them, you hate them. Actually, I think we all hate them but I digress.

My credit score dropped by 20 points in at least one bureau. I am not worried but it is a bit odd.

So I looked at the links supplied through the credit card accounts. It seems that they finally dropped (aged out) my perfect payment records for my mortgage which was paid off, what, 7 years ago? OK. Credit Karma reports my old home address is back in Georgia which I sold 24 years ago. The options they show for me to change it to include a street address here, but a digit missing, so none are valid. I had corrected that bad address with the only credit reporting agency that had it wrong, over a year ago. So either another credit agency has it wrong or Credit Karma never got updated info.

I am not worried as my score is still golden as Clark says, but I guess it is time to pull all 3 reports and try to correct any errors again.

1 Like