In today’s Clark newsletter you ask for owners of cars with over 200,000 miles. I have a 2017Toyota Sienna with 340,000 miles and still runs great. We just finished a trip from Maryland to Chicago and enjoyed riding in the van. I have had no major expenses on the van; just oil changes tires, brakes, and filters. I am looking forward to many more miles!
2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 w/4-wheel drive. I have had some maintenance issues like a radiator flush, transmission drain and fill (it is a sealed unit), I treat it pretty rough as I have a very bumpy driveway, so I have replaced the front struts (perhaps twice, I can’t remember). I think the truck has held up very well considering what I put it through.
I had purchased the vehicle many years ago and it had been used to drive back and forth to a resort where the owner worked. I don’t think the owner really used it for much hauling, probably just the occasional plywood pick up.
Although we have lots of people here with pickups, for example Tacoma’s are popular I guess due to price, but almost all of them are new. I think people buy then for status. The Tundras seem to be heavily used by people here.
1997 Honda CRV: 405,000
2005 Honda CRV - 274,000
1972 Chevy C20 pickup - 210,000
2010 Honda Fit - 187,000
We have had 2 Toyota Prius with over 300K miles. The first got totaled at 307K in an accident. Our current Prius has over 320K.
Also due to Toyota’s reputation of reliability. Another factor in Hawaii, you’re a lot closer to Japan!
I forgot to mention that my 2006 Tundra has 220,000 miles on it. I forgot the mileage that was on it when I got it used but it has been many years. It was and is still used on the farm and to town so it was partially written off on Schedule F for the business.